An ideal festive meal for those who don’t want to cook an entire turkey but would like the “turkey breast with stuffing” experience.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 4 cups sliced leeks
- 1 cup mushrooms
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs or almond flour
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly chopped sage
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly chopped thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 kg boneless turkey breast
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, leeks, and mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Remove from heat and add breadcrumbs, parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Arrange your turkey breast on a flat counter top. Cover with plastic wrap and pound with a mallet until the turkey breast is flat, level and thin enough to roll.
- Spread your leak and mushroom stuffing over the turkey breast.
- Roll the breast tightly and tie with kitchen twine or string.
- Rub turkey with butter and place in the oven for 1 ½ hours. Cover the turkey with foil if it begins to brown too quickly.