Avocado is Incredibly Nutritious. They are made up of 77% healthy fat that is essential to the absorption of nutrients known as fat-soluble nutrients such as vitamins A, D, E and K along with carotenoids. Here are some of the most abundant nutrients in a single 100 gram serving:
Vitamin K: 26% of the RDA.
Folate: 20% of the RDA.
Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA.
Potassium: 14% of the RDA.
Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA.
Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA.
Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA.
It also contains small amounts of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous, Vitamin A, B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboﬂavin) and B3 (Niacin).
Avocados do not contain any cholesterol or sodium and are low in saturated fat.
Tuna Stuffed Avocados is easy to prepare, and the recipe is a simple solution to a super healthy low-carb lunch.
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- 3 cans tuna, drained
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro or kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pink salt and black pepper
- Scoop out the insides of the avocados so that skins can be used as cups.
- Put avocado ﬂesh into a bowl and mash.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl with the avocado.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, scoop tuna salad into avocado skins.