Christmas is all about family, food and fun! If you want to enjoy some healthier treats over the holidays, try this sugar free Christmas cookie recipe.
Ingredients for your sugar free Christmas cookies:
- ½ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Xylitol
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- ¼ teaspoon Almond Extract
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 ¼ cups Almond Flour
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- In a bowl mix together butter, coconut oil and xylitol.
- Thereafter, mix in eggs, Vanilla and Almond extract.
- In a separate bowl mix together baking soda, salt, almond flour and coconut flour.
- With your mixer running on low, combine your flour mixture to butter mixture, 1 cup at a time.
- Now that your mixture is doughy, form the dough into balls with your hands, and press down into disks.
- Place these in the fridge for 30minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Take your dough out the fridge and cut out cookies with a cookie cutter. Working somewhat quickly so your dough stays cold.
- Use scrap pieces to roll out and cut more cookies.
- Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a baking sheet before frosting.
- 1/3 cup Xylitol
- 1 ½ tablespoons Coconut Milk
- 2 ½ teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Food colouring on your choice
- Once frosting is done! Enjoy your sugar free Christmas cookie!