Crispy, flavourful and guilt free sweet potato chips are the perfect healthy snack to curb your sweet-salty craving.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon xylitol
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Wash and thinly slice your sweet potatoes with a sharp kitchen knife or mandolin.
- Place your sliced sweet potato in a large bowl and cover them with warm water and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Let this sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Midway through soaking your sweet potatoes, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and dry them off with a paper towel.
- Brush each side of each slice with olive oil and place each sweet potato slice in a baking tray.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Check on your potatoes every 5-10 minutes to ensure they don’t burn.