This beetroot soup has more health benefits then you might realise. Beetroots are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium and manganese. They’re great for the liver, as they stimulate the liver’s detoxifying processes. The pigment in beetroot is a powerful anti-cancer fighting agent. That, paired with the high fiber content, helps protect against colon cancer.
Beetroots have a gorgeous colour, and quite a strong earthy flavour. Adding ginger and coconut milk softens the earthy flavour and gives this soup a subtle sweetness. This Beetroot soup is the perfect, easy recipe to try this Winter season!
Ingredients for your hearty beetroot soup:
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed Garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2-3 large beetroots peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Roasted chickpeas or Toasted pistachios
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and salt and cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add chopped beetroots.
- Pour vegetable stock over beetroots (ensure this is covering the beetroots).
- Bring to boil and reduce heat. Let the soup simmer for about 20-40 minutes until beetroots are tender.
- Blend the soup into a smooth puree.
- Return soup to hot pot once pureed and add coconut milk and salt to taste.
- Ladle your soup and include roasted chickpeas or toasted pistachios.
- Enjoy your delicious beetroot soup on a cold winters day!